Thursday, October 13, 2022

Whatsapp university is not always wrong.

 Whatsapp university is not always wrong.

________________________________
A year ago, Inspired by all the healthy cooking videos and lifestyle coaches' pravachans, I shopped for millet flours and mixed them with wheat flour to prepare healthy multigrain atta. Ragi+jowar+bajra+chana+wheatmixed them in 1 kg each, then repacked the mixed flour in 500 grams zip pouches and stored them in the freezer. Rolling the rotis with multigrain is not easy either; it took some time to handhold and teach the aunty in the kitchen to knead the dough and roll thin round chapatis.
The rest of the family consumes them without raising doubts, but the husband finds something wrong in the roti. He asked me why the rotis were not soft and thin and what I mixed with the flour. I said nothing much. I am trying to convert regular flour into a wholesome one.
He said no, something is wrong with this flour; I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT SINCE I STARTED eating these new rotis.
I said ok, try for a week more, and then we can go back to the regular Ashriwad atta. The husband did not respond to my request.
I know the reason for weight gain is snacking while watching tv into the late hours and sleeping less. But the Man will deny it, so I found no motivation to argue. He has a habit of contradicting every fact I quote, even if it is valid.
_________________
After a week, he pressed I stop the multigrain atta as it is the single most dangerous contributor to his lethargy and weight gain.
I gradually phased out the multigrain and brought back Ashirwad atta to the kitchen shelves. More than the husband, the cook aunty was happy.
_______________________
A year later, he received a forward on WhatsApp explaining the implication of consuming multigrain and how Eating merely wheat rotis is terrible for health once we reach 40 years of age as the metabolic rate slows down.
I said: Maybe you forgot, but we tried, and you made me phase it out of our kitchen as it made you uncomfortable on the weighing scale.
He said ..aarreey nahi; that was because I used to enjoy desserts from the fridge after you slept every night. (I wasn't shocked or surprised at this revelation as I knew what was happening every night in the kitchen.)
How can atta cause weight gain, and that too millet? Watch this video, stating he left the phone on the kitchen top and returned to the bedroom.
_____________
I ignored the video as the same video motivated me to shift to multigrain flour.
_____________
The take-home message is
if Biwi gives Gyan, husbands shun it, but if the same comes from a third person on WhatsApp, they accept it immediately.
____________
Whatsapp university is not always wrong. Just that the right forwards should be sent by the right people at the right time. Let us write only the right things.
Rupashree Dasgupta, Sonali Joshi and 38 others
11 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment