Thursday, October 13, 2022

 The self-doubts: Why these spiritual vacations?

Is it the love for god?
Is it for the fulfilment of my wishes?
Is it to travel and see new places?
Is it the herd mentality?
Or is it an escape from the mundane routine?
I do not know the answer;
Maybe it is a bit of everything put together in different proportions.
_______
I am a fangirl of mythology and folk tales. I believe everything mentioned in the scriptures happened ditto some time ago in our distant past.
The Rameshwaram, Dwaraka, the Ayodhya, the Badrinath, the Madurai and the Mathura exude power and spiritual energy towing me towards them. There is a persistent need to visit every temple and place mentioned in mythology.
I have been unpretentiously focussing on this need to cater to the core.
There is some opposition to this idea of temple hopping among friends and family. However, for my rigidity, I am going to join the company of strangers doing Satsang, trying to draw spiritual energy from the surroundings.
So when someone asks me why is this temple hopping happening periodically?
My answer: I will tell you soon once I cover the entire stretch!
--------------
Thanks to the husband, children and colleagues for letting me go. 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment