Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Spiritual pilgrimage turned into a food pilgrimage.

 The Spiritual pilgrimage turned into a food pilgrimage.

_____________________
I am an Architecture fanatic, history buff,
small-time culture connoisseur, and food enthusiast who primarily focuses on learning ancient recipes.
Chettinad is a place which feels like home as it caters to every liking of mine.
In the mid-90s, with the advent of satellite television, cooking shows on channels like Star Plus Zee TV were top-rated and most watched.
If my memory serves me right, the first time I heard of Chettinad chicken was on Sanjeev Kapoor's show. The dish's excellent balance of spices and colour made me drool while sitting in front of the TV.
Today, I taste Chettinad's most authentic vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes for the first time.
Fusion cooking has diluted the genuineness of ancient recipes. Cauliflower, paneer, and cheese dosas are unpalatable for my taste buds. I am obsessed with preserving the inheritance. For someone like me, a two-day stay at the food haven Chettinad is an extraordinary blessing.
End of day one.
Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment