Thursday, October 13, 2022

Slow down, take a pause and reflect! 47th birthday

 Slow down, take a pause and reflect!

_________________________________________
Birthdays are special because people around us make them memorable. What a blessing it is to have the adoration, admiration and affection of so many of you.
_____
Birthdays for the first 18 years were with parents and their indulgence.
The following ten years were about celebrating with my companion and the family we two created.
Then came the next beautiful phase, where the carnivals extended late into the night with friends.
_____
With the withering enthusiasm to have birthday bashes and
Departing into a shell slowly and steadily are sure signs of ageing.
_____
I am always in haste to get the work done. Hence I enjoy ageing, too.
Every year, I tick the checkboxes of responsibilities shouldered by this body, mind and heart.
____
The 47th year was about accepting my missteps, learning to forgive, rise above petty arguments, practise good intent, understand detachment, and erasing envy and toxic thoughts. This past year also saw me taking time out for myself and doing things I enjoy without stressing about the family.
The journey inwards, too, has begun!
____
Simmi Singh, Ratneswar Roy and 326 others
216 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment