Thursday, March 7, 2019

I could convince the family to switch off the TV and sleep early on Sunday night. They agreed and the lights were off by 11.30 and the man was snoring by 11.40.... I have to be reborn a 100 times to achieve a state where I can instantly switch on/off.
I passed out listening to Kapiel Raaj KRSchannel new videos in another 10 minutes. I dream from the moment I close my eyes. Exalted mercury gives one 24/7 brain, the flip side of having a good raj yoga. I was talking to someone on the ph in the dream and the man’s mobile was dancing (vibration mode) on the back rest of bed. I assumed it to be an emergency call from the MRI dept, disconnected the call in the dreams to attend to a call in the real world, on the other side it was the son .happy anniversary ma, what are you all doing, did you cut the cake ?, which movie are you all watching ? .. I shouted at him, we are sleeping early on a Sunday night after ages, and you decide to disturb it with your greetings, cant you hold them till tomorrow? you disturbed my sleep, and you know it will not be easy for me to go back, he said good mom, you sit and write about your painful 23 years with dad, and if you wish to take revenge upload on fb and tag him. I said thanks for the suggestion but what are you doing at this hour on phone, and what about tomorrow’s classes, he said Monday is a holiday and then we engaged in chat for a couple minutes, tutoring him about how to wash clothes etc...
In the morning when the man was getting ready I insisted he wear a new shirt, he said saza ki saalgirah koi nahi manata. I said but I will celebrate the successful completion of 100740 nights , next to a man who has different snoring patterns, and who comes up with a new tune every fortnight. He said, good that you started the day by counting your sacrifices in our relation. I said if you bowl a googly I will hit a six.
At breakfast I shared with him, about how my friends in south of india visit a temple together, followed by lavish, luxury lunch and a movie all as a part of ritual on wedding anniversary. He dint lift his eyes from The telegraph, but was quick in his reply “ begum for me work is worship, and being engaged in work is entertainment and lunch with you in office is celebration. I was clean bowled and acceded defeat to my nawab.
I wore the new suit and offered puja in the small temple at home and asked parents and dad in law if we are conducting ourselves well in life, they gave a silent nod. Happy with their validation I drove off to work happy, contained. My babhi Shakuntla Shekhawat who is more of a mother ,wouldn’t ever allow me to feel like an orphan, more so on special days, delivers a cake and flowers from Gurgaon. Much required Emotional boost for me.
As suggested by the son I ended up writing , tagging….i wanted to upload a pic too, but a cousin of mine warned the last time I uploaded a pic on anniversary about ”EVIL EYE” , hence restraining …
I want this man as a companion for the rest of my life…… I want to end it, breathing next to him till the last breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment