Thursday, March 7, 2019

As we have good number of friends from the army , I was more worried and involved in the discussions about standoff between indian and chinese soldiers at doklam. As we also live close to the plateau I am kind of more into every bit of news released into the media about the emerging situation.
A fortnight ago our family was Driving back from a social gathering , where army personnel too were present and everyone was discussing the impending war.
I told the man " I am going to Send you and the son to border in case of a war , go there and do your bit, I will ensure the food supplies to the soldiers at the border from siliguri , let us see off this girl to hostel and do our bit for the nation.
The girl got furious from the rear seat, and started yelling, mom you talk big, about gender equality but you actually do a Lot of discrimination between me and bhaiyya , if he can go to the border and you can help with food supplies, why can't I do my bit....

The son started "preesha you know how Mom overreacts to everything , believe me there is no war anytime soon ,and even if it is there our government is self sufficient , it will not involve civilians, even if it involves you are not even 18 to participate , so in a way mother is right we will see you off to a hostel in South india., Which irritated her even More .....
She declared with resounding confidence in her voice "I am not going to move out of siliguri and miss all the action here "... I have seen so many war movies ,I know how children can contribute, like you all I will do my bit for the nation...
I go to the office the next day and discuss about war with evey person who is into following the news. There was a common enemy and a common goal for all of us ,patriotism is such a binding factor.
That evening when we went to watch indu sarkar at inox I was louder than my usual self in reciting jana gana mana...
The war discussion fizzled out eventually and gujrats game of thrones took over our mind space ahmed patel and amit shah the floods the raga car attack came to forefront and kept us occupied.
The next week was took over by the midnight attack on an IAS officers daughter , and the bjp suddenly became beta bachao , from beti bachao . Bjp ke achhe din definitely are going on as it is getting nitish, pawar and aiadmk into its kitty!
Hatred is a hot cake , and can be easily sold , in such ambiguous times the controversy you raked up is so unnecessary hamid ansari ji.
In sports, team india is taking us into 70th independence day with joy and jubilation.
But
Even if we keep dr kafeel khan outside of it , all our progress is a fluff as we lose 67 children to a disease with bad prognosis..
Happy 71st independence day fellow indians, we need not wear our patriotism on our sleeve but we are traitors if we sheild/harbor/defend the enemies of nation in the name of caste creed, or religion!

No comments:

Post a Comment