Thursday, March 7, 2019

She has been requesting me for some time to go along with me on a Friday morning to one of the toastmaster’s session.
Every Thursday night she declares her willingness to go with me to the meeting the next day. She either has to go to school or she catches up with her working days sleep on Friday if it’s a holiday. So I don’t bother to say a yes or no.
Today morning I noticed her controlling the alarm on her phone. During vacation father daughter discuss every night about going for a jog the next morning, but they watch movies till late in the night and snore to glory in the early hours of the day.
I told her to sleep and not disturb daddy, as he has a long work day ahead. Her reply was “ma this alarm is not to go with daddy but with you to your meeting”. I said then you have to hurry up, I will not wait even a minute for you.
Before me, she was ready waiting with the car keys at the door. I asked her on the way to keep quite during the meeting and not make a fool of herself by agreeing to talk. She said don’t worry about me, you focus on your stage freight and changed the channel on stereo from Bhakti music to western.
We walked into the hall and were seated. I had a responsible role of a general evaluator to play, and as I was doing it for the first time, had wobbly knees.
But she was relaxed. When the table topics master asked for her name and her willingness to participate in the impromptu speech competition, she said a confident yes. I pressed her hand as a signal to withdraw the name. She ignored me completely.
And when her name was called to deliver the speech, she walked with confidence towards the stage; I felt awkward, embarrassed and lifted the writing pad to hide my face.
It was surprising for my senses to see a different daughter of mine there for the next couple of minutes. Humor, content, punches body language, she covered everything. And she got a big applause.
When the prizes were being announced, I dint pay any attention, I was filling the evaluation form, and to my surprise her name was announced for the best speaker ribbon. The members were generous in blessing her with confidence by honoring her with the ribbon.
I came back and shared with her dad that my Vedic astrology predictions always indicated a career in public speaking for her, a career within enclosures like studios, or hospitals, or asylums or ashrams. My forecast for her was she may become a counselor, an electronic media journalist, or a therapist.
She gave some indications of flowering in that direction today.
A day of fulfillment and reassurances for me
1) A sense of accomplishment as an astrologer
2) Overwhelmed with joy to see her speak well, much better than I do!
3) Pride to hear toastmaster TM Hemant Kumar Agarwal say, "mam learn from her ".
4) to hear Toastmaster Abha Ohri mam say, get her to the meeting more frequently.
5) Her mentors tm prateik and tm Joseph Sebastian encouraged her with some good feedback.
She is a simple girl with average performance in academics, sports, art...but we cannot write off anyone.
Our luck comes in phases called as mahadashas and antardashas.
Time can twist and turn anybody’s fate in any unimagined direction.
I have seen the luckiest, best performing children in school having a mediocre career and vice versa too.
i felt small taking a small award next to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment