Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Why I started feeling like PM Modi

 Why I started feeling like PM Modi

____________________________________
Any wife at home is like the prime minister answerable for the well being of everyone at home.
The husband is like the leader of the opposition.
His team consists of his mother and all those people who envy his wife for many reasons.
they envy her for being either extremely beautiful or highly competent
most of the times she is envied even for getting married into a family which according to them is undeserving of her. they envy her luck, her beauty, her energy..basically everything.
---------------------------------------
A year ago Cupid struck over a missed call to my cook didi and ever since she has been busy clicking selfies and making video calls to her long-distance beau. After spending more than seven years in my kitchen Recently she ditched me for new found lover.
She knew in and out of my kitchen, sometimes she remembered more about my south Indian cuisine, made softer idlis than I could. She helped me in recruiting staff who used to report to her during my office hours. she was my HRD minister.
My watchman has done enough corruption to accumulate good sum and is traveling frequently to his village building his royal mansion. I overlooked his corruption part as I realised quite early how dependant I was on having a male servant at home to take care of the dogs. so my Defense minister too is mostly travelling and unavailable.
My other didi went home for Christmas celebrations, she left with a bounty of her year-long gathering. Her husband beat her black and blue robbed her of her earnings confined her to house not letting her leave.
So I am now serving without any help from the team and the opposition is having a ball seeing a lone soldier on the ground.
The daughter will silently release a missile talking to herself watching a youtube video " ah how much I miss the brownie...yum". she utters this within my audible range. The mother in me is super hurt so the next morning the first thing they see on the dining table is a freshly baked chocolate cake, the husband murmurs at the breakfast table "the dosa batter is not properly fermented I guess, the taste is little bland", I am all charged to pick up a fight but I comprehended that the statement he made is legally correct, I swallow my pride and act sorry. The next morning starts with prayers for sun god to come out in open, help the batter ferment so that my pride of being a good wife, mother cook is not hurt.
In this way, I am under attack from all the sides the entire day.
I guess the prime minister feels the same about his position, the poor fellow does not even have a wife at home to vent out his frustration.
I relax by spending an hour or so a day on Flipkart and amazon buying stuff to feel good. I guess he too has his me moments in wearing suits with his name written all over, spending a fortune on the beautifully paired waistcoats and kurtas, and his new makeover resembling Tagore is amazing!
The problem with us women is we want to put up a perfect picture of ourselves a good mother, good wife, good boss, good host etc... in putting up these acts we get detached from the core which demands none of the aforementioned. The stress of donning many hats is making us bald literally and figuratively.
Wish we knew and accepted the format of a normal life, a life of being flawed, of being imperfect, of being little selfish.
Working women are under the additional burden of being successful at the office too, while housewives battle the stress of a feeling of inadequacy for not contributing financially to the family.
________________________________
I guess neither the PM nor the Lady of the house will ever have the privilege of living a carefree life.
The lady of the house like the prime minister is always striving for perfection, trying to make everyone happy, manage the external and internal affairs of the house, assisted by a team which is always deceiving or intimidating, all along tortured and tormented by the opposition.
Dear PM we are like each other working 15 hours a day serving thankless people.
You and I are answerable to every damn situation occurring in our surroundings. If there is a success story every member of the family will come forward to take credit declaring it as teamwork but when there is a failure you and I are singled out and labelled incompetent and worthless.
I can empathise with you Mr Prime minister and I am sure you will echo my sentiment that we are doing an unappreciated job!


No comments:

Post a Comment