Thursday, May 11, 2017

the son called from college to inform that he is coming home for the weekend.
I rushed up my work to reach home early to cook his fav meal. 
My girls did all the pre work up in the kitchen and i got into robotic mode to get done with cooking as early as possible . The neighborhood aunty sAw me walking into the flat much before my usual time and knocked to check if all is ok, or if rahula is visiting .
I said yes aunty you guessed it right 
She said I could guess because of the aroma from your kitchen. she also added with a wink that "cook and feed your son to your hearts content ", its just a matter of time before his visits to home will recede. And after he gets married he will be like a guest visiting you annually., And then maybe once in 2 years...
I said precisely aunty that's what I do too, visit my mother in law even less that that, and I don't see any gaps in our relation ,Though it took time for her to accept . in fact it is less of acceptance and more of helplessness on her part that she is not able to do Much because even willingly her son cannot take long breaks from work, so he insists that as she has more liberty with her time ,she should be visiting us and spending more time with us and not expect the other way round
And I am a practical woman so I will be happy if my son in future does Not visit me as frequently as he does now, what's the big deal ?
She said sipping her coffee ...yes yes ... This is all big talk, you will be hurt like dead if he visits his in laws and starts loving the food cooked by his mother in law , more than yours. 
Omg I ain't in stone age aunty, if that lady can really take care of my foodie sons needs , I will be more than happy. Is it not a blessing for me to see my children being cared by other mothers too. Is it not ?
She was quite for few seconds and lamented about how her son's heart is captured by his boisterous in laws.
I said with a crooked smile never mind aunty no one can replace a mother in a sons heart, and I am sharing with you this as a daughter in law ... 
She left the coffee cup on the table and walked out of my house with a perplexed expression...
I switched over to mukesh for company and proceeded with rolling rotis .😃... Mukesh went on koi jab tumhara hruday thod de , tadapta hua jab tumhe chod de..

No comments:

Post a Comment