Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The kangan, bindi, mehendi, kajal , laal joda , sindoor and my karwa chauth varth
4 pm, lunch hour
He: why are you not eating?
I: fasting
He: is it ekadashi today (the 11th day of full moon and new moon)
I: no
He: then why fasting
I: karwa chauth
He: why this new drama, no one in our family does
I: I know, but it is the greed to have you with me for as much number of days as possible, and if this vrat is going to add another day, I will do it…
He: hope this kind of vrats will not shorten your life by a day
I: still not a bad deal, in India it’s easy to find a wife for you in late 40’s and difficult to find a husband for me in early 40’s...
He: silently shifted attention to his phone
Men know the art of drifting away when it doesn’t go in their favor
My empty stomach stimulated my thought process and I was wondering why am i seeking his companionship so much. I made a note of the reasons mentally
1) Do I need him because am used to him
2) Do I need him for the children he fathered
3) Is it for the security (financial, social) he brings to my life
4) do I need him because of the societal pressure(parents and immediate society will never accept that divorce is a non issue when happiness is at stake)
5) do I need him because I am too lazy to search for a replacement
6) do I need him because the chances of finding a replacement are bleak
7) OR IS JUST PURE LOVE
NAH! , I love him because he has provided me with all of the above, and I want him for longer time so that I shall continue to enjoy all of the above.
Though I made peace with the fact “THAT I CAME ALONE AND I WILL HAVE TO GO ALL ALONE “
I am not going to die for anyone nor am I anticipating that someone will give up his life for me.
But If my mom or mom in law or dilli waali babhi where to read this conversation they would yell at me “ aaj ke din tho shub shub bol”, this girl and her philosophy, she is already half mad, and she will drive us insane.
I CAN IMAGINE SOME FUNNY, COMIC REASONS FOR WHY A MAN FEELS THE NEED TO CONTINUE WITH THE SAME WIFE
HAPPY KARWA CHAUTH FRIENDS
And those of you who are single for whatever reason , let me reassure you, that you aren’t missing anything great, neither today or in future.
You can do a lot of beautiful things with your time, money, emotions and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment