Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Why I was dying to get a photo clicked near sun Temple in konark
We got married when we were students and the wedding was held 2 months before exams.
There was no honeymoon trip.
So the man promised to take me to see the konark sun temple as soon as we are done with the exams.
The exams happened and we enrolled into the next course, it was hectic coping up with the domestic needs and academic demands
It went on , previous year gave way to the next and and then to the next , we were done with our studies 3 years after getting married
Stressed( studies) and frustrated (no money) by the end of 3 years we got into serious work mode. And then the first child , the boy arrived .
Konark became a forgotten promise (like dashraths promise to kaikeyi) for the man But not for me.
I was sulking within for he not meeting his promise , but it was understandable too.
Once career takes the front seat, men forget everything
The mad race to reach the pinnacle, they think , if i don't work a day I am going to lose everything. Life becomes a race, a time comes in the married life of a couple when there is stress from parents from in laws from work , no one cooperates no one understands the other person. A subtle comptetion develops between husband and wife regarding career if both of them are competitive. There are insecurities , uncertainties, distractions. Fighting them out consumes maximum energy. Love romance takes back seat. Holidays and celebrations become formality , the couple are on war with each other due to their egos , uncompromising stubbornness. Both of them start having doubts about the relation, and if they did the right thing and if they are doing the right thing by continuing.
The beauty and the saviour of Indian marriages is children, even in the weakest moment it's children who keep the couple together, keep them tied. The worst of a husband or wife are the best of a father or mother. It's like anything and everything for children. It's growing up children who become reason of joy of happiness.
And the real joys of a family unit is children. The dust settles , storm withers , and a new direction emerges. It picks up takes strength from the bottom and becomes strong rich joyous. The most beautiful part of the journey starts ...
I Counsel the man everyday about the beauty of taking small breaks, to leave the world and patients on their own to find a way, to create some memories for the family.
And one such small break is the puri trip
On the drive back to puri from konark
I : if I died without clicking a picture with you in front of the sun temple, my ghost would have haunted you, and made your life miserable, and I will be reborn to marry you again to visit the sun temple
He : somehow I got an inkling about having you as my spouse even in the next janma, and the fear of the same is the only reason I agreed for the PURI trip...
I can take your ghost haunting me , but it's dreadful thinking of a repeat you again
And the son passes a comment from the back seat
Dad i am sure this will be moms next writeup #marriage #puri #suntemple#ghost
I declared
you people don't deserve me , so I am going to find a more loving family in the next janma
But the girl uses her veto power and chooses to be a part of my future family, and the rest of them follow her ...
ONCE AGAIN IT'S THE CHILD WHO IS KEEPING FAMILY TIED FOR ...
SUCH IS THE POWER OF CHILDREN IN INDIAN FAMILIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment