Friday, July 13, 2018

POLITICAL SATTIRE

POLITICAL SATTIRE
______________
My house has become a small political akhada these days
The teenage daughter brought a street cat from somewhere near her tennis ground. She wanted to give the cat shelter and feed her. But the cat and dog weren’t getting along well so she chose dog over the cat and abandoned the cat. (Nitish kumar abandoned lalu for bjp)
When I asked one of our friends who has fish pond on how they are able to keep the frogs at bay from the pond. They said that the ducks were taking care of the frogs. They invited me to see the ducks, and I really liked their pond as it was free of tadpoles. To kill the tadpoles I decided to adopt ducks. All politics you know!
So I went home and told our mujibur to buy 2 ducks. The ducks
started vying for my attention with their gentle, feminine graceful movements. (The JNU GANG) they are a Very cute pair. But the dog got restless looking at the ducks. So I did batwara of the garden and earmarked their boundaries by erecting a bamboo fence. The ducks never bothered but the dog tried its best to intrude, (like the Chinese) to attack, to capture, to kill, to establish its supremacy
And he succeeded in breaching the chakravyuh, he almost caught one duck but the timely intervention by our mujibur saved the ducks. (the voilence by various fringe groups from either side)
The family too got vertically split like the country.
I took the ducks side, but the dad and daughter took the dogs side. Mujibur and one maid who is docile and unwilling to play ruthless politics took my side.
The other power hungry dominating maid took to the team of dad daughter and dog.
One fellow was neutral, not taking any side weighing the benefits on going with either of them like hd kumaraswamy, cbn, kcr, jagan pawan, patnaik etc
The third front parties will decide on who gets the power the bjp or the congress
,
I started avoiding the dog and the dad and daughter did not give one look at my ducks.
I lost the battle and had to see off the ducks as the husband brought in emotional appeal of sibling rivalry and how it is affecting the dog psychologically. These days everyone is emotionally blackmailed in the country in the name of religious sentiment and made to shut their mouth on the emotion of patriotism.
The dog too started playing mind games and started acting as if it is very hurt because of the ducks getting their space which legitimately is his own because he has been residing there much before them.
I told them that their dog has to learn to live peacefully and coexist with others and respect others existence too as everyone has a right to live in the house and garden however less mighty they are.
Meanwhile mujibur came and said madam I want some cash advance , as we have to give a bali (sacrifice) of 1 gai (cow) in the village, all my brothers are pooling money, there is a small festival called as qurbani in the days to come.
I said mujibur how much ever I might be a congressi at heart but I will not support gou hatya with my money. So no advance, instead I will give you money go and buy a cow, only the mighty cow can teach this dog a lesson. Let us play their game with them now, like rahul Gandhi did by temple hopping.
Meanwhile the very hardworking dudh wali aunty came with milk. I requested her to buy a desi cow for us from the Tuesday bazaar next week. She said cow vigilantism is on the rise so the vendors are not able to load their cows en masse in a truck and bring them to bazaar; hence there is shortage of cows on sale.
By supporting cow vigilantism we are hurting the cows and gwalas business more than anyone elses.
The situation in my house is reflecting the confusion and chaos in this countries polity, thought process and strategy at this stage. The dogs, cats and pigs are holding the citizens at ransom.
We don’t know who is a liberal, who is communal or secular and what defines whom and who is right.
Shekhar gupta has rightly said LIBERALS ARE THE MOST RIGID GROUP OF PEOPLE THESE DAYS. MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY , is their attitude.
In his own words , I quote ”I might ask though how can you be liberal and yet have a vacuum-packed book of rules, behavior and speech? “

No comments:

Post a Comment