Friday, August 11, 2017

Love letter to my children
Dear son and daughter
this is my love letter to you in valentine’s month on a Sunday. I do not love anything on this earth as Much as I love you both.
My parents provided me with all the material comforts, good education, and social identity. I was brought up in prosperity in a conservative Orthodox environment.
Your dad gave me mental comforts, my space and freedom to fly and explore. Motivated me to create a self identity, live life on my terms. 
I tried to give you both the best of what I received from them.
You are my creations. Nothing on this earth can match the joy of creation. For that matter anything creative is unique, is beautiful in its own way. And so are you both.
If we take average life expectancy as 65 years, I will be done with 
2/3rd of my life in another 2 years, and then I will enter the last leg.
God willing I may live beyond that too. And I will do life style modifications to be around to see you grow, achieved, marry and I also have this wish to assist you in bringing up your creations.
Don't take the pressure of being, the top rankers, the top performers, too seriously. 
Just try to be a better person than u was yesterday. Take the liberty to experiment, try out things, but DO NOT REPEAT MISTAKES. There is nothing wrong in falling in love and it is not the end of the world if a relation doesn't work out. 
It is ok if you are not winning; it is ok if you are ditched, cheated or exploited. Learn a lesson and forget it. Don't keep the pain for too long in your heart. It will hurt you, not the one who gave you the pain.
Don't take the responsibility on behalf of anyone. 
No one will remember work place favors for Long, forget it, don't expect anything in return. 
Do not go out of the way to help colleagues or organizations. Protect self interest. There are no "to die for" friends. 
Make friends, trust them, share with them, but learn to keep few things only to yourself. When someone shares something with you and requests you to not share it with anyone, then take it to your grave, even in the weakest moment, do not reveal others secrets. Integrity will add strength to your character.
Live a conscious life. Keep a check on yourself. Keep a watch. Always be Aware of the situation you are in.
And do not waste life in a rat race. There is no top position, and no one can be on the top forever. There will be up's and down’s, it is very normal to have a bumpy life. 
I quote from my experience, life tests us by putting us into difficult situations, face them do not escape or look for shortcuts, endure the pain... The light on the other side of the tunnel will be bright and beautiful. Have faith, it will reward you. Believe me on this.
Newton’s third law is a gospel.
Love yourself, to be loved by others
Respect yourself, to be respected by others. 
Care for yourself, to be cared by others 
Pay attention to yourself, if you are seeking attention.
You are my extension, and I am proud of you.
Everything you do, there is a little bit of me in it. 
I will be alive in you, for others, even after I am gone.
It’s your choice, about how you want to project me, through you!
Love 
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment