Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Lessons from children

Lessons from children
When we talk to friends in hyderabad the common topic is food during Ramadan month , haleeem being a favourite of everyone ... elder fellow is everyday drooling over the thought of haleeem and asking me to take them out for some good non veg snacks popular during ramzan month.... I took them to a local popular eatery called as zaika, they make the best rolls n kebabs in the town..
I ordered for a plate of kebab and they ordered a roll each....
My choice of the snack was the first to arrive, juicy soft kebabs with mint chutney and raw onions... the elder one picked up the kebab rolled it in chutney and put it in his mouth followed by an onion ring like an expert.... I was waiting for the girl to do the same, she usually imitates him, but she dint , I tasted a piece and I said it's salty but fresh and soft.... she still dint react ... meanwhile the rolls arrived.... they peeled the outer covering of the roll like a banana .... the girl started eating, but the boy offered me the first bite, I refused but he insisted , whenever he lifted a kebab piece he ensured that i took a bute from his roll..... the girl dint bother..... at the tail end of the roll, where it's just bread and no meat , she said mom am done , if u want you can eat this.... I said no leave it...... boy finished his toll to the end, lickd and requested me to take a parcel of the same ....
The gist is they both taught me 2 different lessons today
The girls lesson was , I will not touch what I don't like and I will not share what I like
the boys lesson was, I will try yours and will insist that you try whatever I like, and also remember to return back the favours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment