Monday, February 11, 2019

Inspiring women series : part 1

Inspiring women series : part 1

I have had in depth interactions with some remarkable women in past few days. I owe the leisure interactions to the party, picnic and holiday season.
Our house keeping lady bid good bye to her abusive husband recently. She is in her late 20’s. Apart from working at our office she has picked up another job to support her son’s aged 7 and 10. She says that the increased physical labor is nothing in comparison to the torment her suspicious sadistic husband inflicted on her every night. In her words “it is very liberating to be on my own, spend my money on my needs, dress the way I like, go wherever I want to, meet new men, be friends with them, chat on ph for an hour with the new boy friend everyday”. She has a new glow on her face; the new found freedom has given her more happiness, instead of the stigma of being a divorcee. She says it feels like heaven to not have her alcoholic, gambling abusive husband around. She has unapologetically shackled the stereotype of a sanskari nari. I am in total awe of her. I love to see the new young vibrant lady ready to tread new waters, instead of succumbing to the tantrums of society.
I also had the opportunity to have an insightful conversation with a woman in her early 60’s. She struggled all her life , moved places first with her father an army man who fought the indo china war and then with her husband who was in the media. She worked hard every single day of her life to shape her son and daughter into wonderful human beings. She contributes equal energy into raising her grand children too. She is street smart, fighter and full of life. The lady never had the support of her husband, but she put up with him for the sake of society, she did not let her pain affect her children mentally ,never sobbed all day, never went around complaining for not having a good husband, instead took up the responsibility of nurturing the children into achievers. Even today when I sit to chat with her all she shares is the positive learning out of every adverse situation. She radiates more beauty than any rich woman when she wears her jeans and boots and walks around with a confident smile on her face.
Then there Is this lady in her early 30’s who battled some or the other illness all through, had multiple miscarriages, caught her husband cheating and forgave him easily, moved on with life went on to have a son, converted her not so kind in laws into her fans, gave up her high paying job in a different city to stay with her family. She is a good wife , good mother, good daughter in law and a great friend , at the same time she doesn’t neglect herself , she buys nice clothes, designer bags, colors her hair in the choicest colors , never misses an opportunity to look spick and spank . When I sit with her to just listen to her all I can see behind the words is a woman who cannot be defeated by anybody. Time too has accepted defeat in disrobing her of happiness, which reflects in every cell of her body and makes her shine bright.
I never envied beautiful women, I never envied rich women, I never envied women who are far more blessed than me materialistically, but I envy these women for their zeal for life.
The only lesson I get to learn watching all these ladies filled to the brim with positivity and optimism is “NEVER SURRENDER TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES , HAVE FAITH AND TRY TO OUTGROW THE PAIN “
Watch manikarnika to meet one such woman who is a cumulative version of many of our hardships combined together!

No comments:

Post a Comment