Monday, September 24, 2018

I open my wardrobe, and it’s time for my daily dilemma of what to wear. The girl notices it and offers help…mom as today is Sunday and you follow the weekly astro color code strictly , so wear this red kurta and pair it with white Patiala, as sun(Sunday and red) and moon(white , Monday ) are friends , this combination shouldn’t upset them, and you may in fact get the benevolence of 2 planets on one day. I don’t laugh at her snide remark on my strict adherence to color code but follow her choice of dress for the day.
She interrupts my thought process by saying mom what if modi ji brings in a new rule tomorrow about limiting the size of wardrobe, what will you do with all these sarees??? I hoarsely chirp at her “preesha shub shub bolo “… mom: - you are upset just at the thought of cutting down the wardrobe, I can guess the impact of it on you, if such a rule is made.
The man calls the girl, and they discuss in meek tenor about my mental status ….I over hear words like aging, frustration …. I yell at them from bedroom, humare shauk hai hi ithne se “few good clothes, little jewelry, and few pairs of sandals” isme bi pabandi hogi tho gussa nahi aayega kya? … She answers back gently , mom what about the perfumes and all the lotions stacked up on the dressing table. i shout back , Please don’t scare me by making me imagine glimpses of govt officers coming and clearing my dressing shelf too.
While driving to work, I realize that I am really getting paranoid reading all the forwards on whatsapp, debates on fb and watching news on the TV, (thankfully off late I have become less of a newspaper person) about people dying in the ques, army taking over a state, rs 5 crore plus of fresh currency seized in bangaluru, a govt officer caught with crores of old currency, bank employees doing money laundering for commission. News reporting is not limited to journalists any more, and journalists are not neutral any more. We are fed by Biased, corrupt, and sold out media 24 hours a day .
Added to this is another nuisance of every party’s back office staff , releasing pro party messages, images, articles ,data into the grapevine … and sadly also the morphed, distorted deprecating and denigrating images of their rivals , and we aam insaan share them frivolously. I don’t know what has taken over us that we don’t think twice before using the forward button.
To be honest I as aam insaan don’t know the real effect of demonetization or good/bad effect of the imposed gold limit or of the pending announcements. I get swayed by the strong make believe current, by the general sentiment created by media. It should be the job of JOURNALISTS to help the truth to percolate to the bottom most layer of the pyramid.
AND IT IS THE JOURNALISTS WHO ARE FAILING TODAYS INDIA.
I finally decide to stop bothering myself about all the good and bad news being spread around and tune into FM, luckily I get arijit for company
“Acha chalta hoon Duaaon mein yaad rakhna
reporter dost mere , kaam tum log sachha karna
i hum along.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment