Monday, September 24, 2018

Due to some very reasonable reasons I am all alone on this festive day
The man at work , the children spending holidays with granny chote papa and Choti Maa .
I am in Hyderabad for my exams.
All the homes in my neighbourhood are well lit including mine .Boys and girls busting crackers , Women cooking elaborate meals, lighting Diya's , refilling the oil , Men entertaining guests and keeping an eye on the children . My house keepers family requested me to share the Diwali meal with them instead I requested her to cook a meal for all of us in my kitchen .
I am lighting Diya's playing ram Raksha sthotram in the background (SPB version) and continuously thinking of Sita as Diwali is also a symbolic celebration of ram ,Sita n laxmans return to Ayodhya after killing Ravana .
Sita was jubilant on being reunited with family unaware of the turbulent times ahead. The time in Sri Lanka was less humiliating , as it was just a small kidnap and her husband fought and killed the evil Ravana to secure her release , in the end it brought much glory name fame to lord rama , but in Ayodhya she will have to face humiliation at the behest of her own family , first by undergoing a test to prove her chastity and later being sent off to the forests ,for someone in the kingdom of rama was not sure if the test results were genuine or manipulated by rama himself .
When she was weak and humiliated no one stood by her , everyone sacrificed her like an untouchable in the guise of dharma . If Laxmana did raj droha and stayed with her in the forests instead of running away from her , Or if rama himself left Ayodhya with Sita by giving up the Thorne as he did the same once for his fathers word , because he knew and believed that Sita was chaste ... why dint he go with her , she never succumbed to Ravana's offer of being his queen , even if she can foresee rama dumping her she wouldn't have surrendered to Ravana , such is the greatness of mother Sita so intense was her love for rama .
She suffered all her life and then decided to put an end to her suffering and humiliation by ending her life.
I wish she lived long to see better times , her children getting married , grand children , spend some happy times with her husband and large family. I wish she breathed her last tucked in a cosy bed in the palace as an old woman as a raj maata.
Rama on his road to greatness asked for sacrifices of Sita Urmila shrutakirti Kausalya Sumitra and many more ...
On this diwali day my heart goes out to you dear Sita maata , for all the sacrifices you made to reinstate the glory and greatness of your husband the great king rama ..... You are the real hero of Ramayana . राम , श्री राम न बनते अगर माता सीता न होती
I prefer a progressive (stood by Draupadi in her worst times ) flirtatious Krishna to maryada Purushottam shri ram ...
And my heart goes out to all the parents more so for mothers who are celebrating Diwali alone , away from their children and by children I mean both Son and daughter.
I shudder at the thought of seeing such days , just cooking for self away from children in the future. May be this is the fate of all the parents in this progressive world .
An introspective eye opener Diwali for me .
Happy Deepawali dear family and friends .

No comments:

Post a Comment