Sunday, June 25, 2017

Damn the nightmares...

Damn the nightmares... my brain is yet to make adjustments to the new emerging rules post demonitisation.
As an inheritance from mother, I developed the habit of hiding the currency in between the sarees , under the PAPERS in the wardrobe. I was so distrustful of myself that I never hid them at the most obvious places.
On November 8th night, after our mitr ended bashan on TV, I came home and opened the Godrej almirah and searched the most obvious places but did not find more than a note or two. I was relaxed but then I thought, is this all I saved? No there should be more to it, but from where do I start to ensure that the black snakes are not sitting somewhere silently to settle the scores with me later for forcefully hiding them away from the world.
Next day after the man left I closed the bedroom door opened the wardrobe believing that I am going to unearth a lot of hidden wealth. To my utter dismay I couldn't find more than a couple of old rs500 notes. I wasn't satisfied with my efforts in searching because I had confidence in the bharatiya nari in me.
When we stuff a note here and then in the wardrobe it is always with a noble intention of helping the families sail through the tough times. Actually it helped me big time once, when I lost everything to the tumbled nifty, the hidden wealth saw me though the tough times for a month. 
I called my dear saroj to dust every saree. She while doing the same shared that her mother too had the habit of saving money the same way. And mother always had enough to meet the unexpected, unforeseen emergencies in the house. Unplanned needs too were fulfilled by her unanticipated savings. She would give money to brother to fix the cycle puncture, give her a rupee or two to buy bangles in the mela, her sisters tuition fees too was met with these savings. Father was never aware of the backdoor transactions. Rich or poor once we are wives and more important mothers, we think alike save alike and spend alike.
Saroj and I finished the dusting activity by midday, we were successful in finding a couple of the much disliked despised notes, but not to the extent I expected. I was happy and unhappy both at the same time. I left for work and since then till date every discussion in virtual world or real world is all about money... 
When I came back from office, while having coffee I asked saroj ...kuch rreh gaya hoga re. she : aap ka vaham hai babhi, Maine har ek sadi ko jhatak ke deka, jo mila uthna hi tha
I made peace as I had 50 more days in hand to dispose, if i accidentally discover any more of them. But everyday there is a new law regarding the abandoned notes. 
With 30th Dec around the corner, I am getting jittery about finding the demonetized notes later and then being jailed for the same. Bringing in a lot of disgrace, to the family for stocking the abandoned currency. All this punishment just for the innocent ways we inherited in the name of small domestic savings.
Every Indian housewife should become brave bold suave and demand her share of white money from husbands in their bank accounts, and be provided with a debit card and if possible a credit card too from here on...
Our handsome 56" inch broad chest bachelor mitr should get this idea in his Mann and declare his Mann ki baat as a diktat on one chosen Sunday, Men should be penalised for not declaring their wealth to their women all these years, because of this women developed a habit of saving the savings in the most ancient methods, which caused a havoc in their financial planning recently.
Before the hell breaks loose let me go and dust my wardrobe one final time to save the family dishonor of being branded as black money hoarders, if I discover anything more than a meager rs10, 000 I will be penalized humiliated isolated branded and maybe when I go in search of suitors for my children, they will call us, hey this is the family which once upon a time hoarded rs100000000000000000 (from mouth to mouth a zero gets appended at the end very naturally), hey ram shub shub socho
Rs 50,000 penalty for holding old notes after December 30?

No comments:

Post a Comment