Friday, February 27, 2015

21st anniversary



A Marriage is spiritually solemnized  in heaven
Later, we try to materialize them on earth.

I don't remember the date I met you
It was for sure not love at first sight
neither was it like; I would die if I won't marry you
dad's choice, obedient daughters nod, that's it

the journey began when the income was meagre
and time abundant, midnight long bike rides,
drenching in the rain, chilling out in the wintertime
calculating the cash in the wallet
subsequently checking into an eatery
movie watching was never a single show
it has to be 1st and 2nd, on any evening
morning and noon show on a Sunday
I walked home from institute to save a few bucks
to surprise you with a royal meal
you were working overtime to give me a good outing
every day was like a valentines day

go our ways in the morning
fighting it out, for a better tomorrow
it was struggle and strife
with obstacles and hindrances
but the comfort of having a partner to share
at the end of the day is a priceless gift.

looking back at those days
how irked I was
when you brought only books as gifts
now, it makes me look like a fool to myself

I proudly admit that
the life with you is  more beautiful than living with my parents
 they could buy me all the material comforts
but the best gift was choosing you for me
now they take it as a compliment,
like any other parent,
 the happiness of a child is paramount.

21 years, thanking, praying, and yearning for more n more
if any god out there is listening
you rewarded me for what? I don't know
but I will try not to let you down
for the love n trust showered on me through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment