Friday, December 27, 2013

A failed attempt to write


Article By Sangeeta Reddy

My Facebook friend Allipuram Rajashekar Reddy whom we all fondly call Raj approached me to contribute an article for gongadi.com. He in boxed me the message on fb at 1:30 am on 17th December . I was wondering that Maybe he too is a nocturnal like me.  As always whenever I am online I remain logged onto face book parallelly checking updates, not just updates but the opinions and over reactions along with the happenings.
I was searching some information online for promoting the 3 new departments, recently added to my healthcare setup. And also was curious to know the lead singers name of a particular song I was humming the whole day.
 Suddenly I got this notification from raj, when I checked it there he was requesting me to contribute an article for the new portal which he is  going to launch on January 1st called as gongadi.com. He also asked for my feedback on the choice of the domain name. I said it’s excellent and is in tune with our telangana dialect/slang. He told me that I was the first one to appreciate it, most of the people whom he approached for feedback did not even know the meaning of the word gongadi. We texted for few minutes and wished good night with an assurance from my end that I will contribute an article to his new portal.
After committing to him about the write up, I was wondering about what to write. He left the choice of language and topic to me. The options were multiple. I thought I can write about love, about life, about movies, about face book, about current affairs but I know that my strength lies in emotions, I can portray emotions better than facts, and I can add a dollop of drama even to facts to make them more effective and reactive. It’s nothing wrong for one to feel high and good about oneself. But at the same time exaggerated self esteem is dangerous.
I am finding it challenging when I am being subjected to this real structured form of writing. Expressing ideas vaguely and randomly without any continuity is so easy. But getting all of them together and building around certain theme and compiling them in a certain way to make sense is more difficult than what I imagined it to be.
The first shock I had to deal with was my inability in choosing a topic. What we feel about us is more important than what others feel about us. I wanted to write something which will please me first before pleasing anybody else. Write what I believe is my heart, write what I can rationalize and justify. There is harmony in the human mind only when we are in a constant dialogue with ourselves.
As every birth happens for a certain reason and a purpose, and we all are designed and given a role to play in the larger sphere, we can make sense of our existence and do justice to our creator only when we fulfil that purpose. We should make an attempt to discover our inner self, understand our core, try and stay focused on to it and full fill the purpose of our existence. We aren’t brought on to the earth for no reason. So my effort is to be alert, aware, conscious both in the state of awakening and sleep. Never give up or feel dejected.
 My understanding is that if I weren’t important, I wouldn’t have been here. I am wanted and required to play my role with total presence, and that is the only way I can become a part of this unbounded cosmos. Caring and giving will make me a very humble person from within. Consistent practice of gratitude in word and deed can make my perception more human and sensitive.
After so much of pondering, am still stuck with the thought of what to write and how to write.Without writing anything I filled a page, lol, if I start thinking and writing I will bore you all to death.
By the way did I share with you the name of the lead singer of that particular song I was searching for? The song is “ Sawar loon” the movie “ lootera“ the singer is “Monali Thakur , Music by Amit Trivedi, Lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya, picturised on Sonakshi sinha.

About Sangeeta Reddy


No comments:

Post a Comment